Our Hospice User Group (HUG) is an open forum for Hospice patients, carers, family members and friends to get involved in improving patient care and in developing services for the future.
Anyone who has used any of the services provided by St. Luke’s, past or present are welcome to join HUG.
Through monthly meetings HUG is involved in a range ofactivities including:
- Reviewing how Hospice services are provided and developed
- Analysing feedback from other service users
- Improving patient and carer’s knowledge of the range of Hospice services.
- Responding to suggestions and comments made to the Hospice about services
Working in partnershipwith Hospice staff and volunteers to make sure that everyone using St Luke’s services has a voice in the provision and implementation of services.
How to ‘’Get Involved’’
Anyone that has experience of any Hospice service can get in touch with HUG and start to make a difference.
• By attending any of the monthly meetings you can help to ensure excellence of care is maintained for everyone that needs Hospice services.
• By Submitting your views - please write to :- Hospice User Group, St Luke’s Hospice Nethermayne, Basildon, SS16 5NJ or email hug@stlukesHospice.co.uk
If you are interested in becoming involved in HUG or want more information about HUG please contact: St. Luke’s Community Services & Development Manager or Social Worker tel: 01268 524973