Can i help the person thats ill?
When someone is very ill it can be very difficult to know what to do to help them. Being ill can make people change a lot, they may not be able to do the things they used to do before they were ill, this could make them a little grouchy or angry or they may become tired and need to rest more. You may also be missing all the things they used to do with you or things they used to do for you.
You may be able to help in the following ways
• Talk to a grown-up who is looking after them and ask what you can do to help.
• Sit quietly and watch a film or TV with them, or just read quietly next to them – just so they don’t feel alone.
• Run little errands for them – bring them their book, a drink, or newspaper
• Ask them to tell you about when they were young or their school days
• Give them a Hug and tell them you love them
• Make something together – maybe a scrap book
• Tell them about things you have done at school or with your friends
• Read them a book or bits out of a magazine or newspaper
• Do a jigsaw or play a board-game or cards together
• Bring them little surprises – maybe some flowers or a picture