Quotes from service users:
Dove Community Counselling Service (DCCS) is delivered from four sites in Grays, Basildon, Corringham and Billericay providing a service to support people who are bereaved as well as providing support to people living with cancer and other life limiting illness at all stages of the disease pathway, from diagnosis through to end of life or into survivorship. The service also extends to supporting their families and carers.
Our Counselling Service offers support to anyone who has been bereaved within the last 5 years due to a life limiting illness, as well as bereavement support for families and carers who may have experienced a traumatic loss such as a road traffic accident, industrial accident, suicide or other sudden deaths.
Counselling is an opportunity to explore feelings, thoughts and memories.
The service aims to acknowledge anyone who has agreed to support within 24 hours of receiving the referral. Before counselling sessions are put in place, an Initial Assessment is arranged with one of our Counsellors in order to discuss the most beneficial support/service available.
- 1-1 Counselling
- Couples Counselling
- Adult Family Counselling
- Group work – there are various groups including a walking group, relaxation groups and life skill groups – please contact the service for more information
- Bereavement Social Groups – in Basildon, Grays, Billericay and Wickford taking place during the evenings, daytime and weekends – run by people who have experienced bereavement.
- Counselling Clinic – based at the Hospice providing a ‘drop in’ service daily for families and patients on the In-Patient Unit and Day Hospice.
- Training sessions offered to professionals.
The service is compliant with the National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) Chapter 12 and works within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
Once counselling has started you will meet weekly with your Counsellor for a 50 minute session and your appointment will be at the same time each week for 8 sessions.
Being a registered charity we provide this service free at point of delivery.
• Clients must be resident within Basildon, Thurrock and Wickford / Billericay district
• Bereavement referrals should be no longer than five years bereaved
• Referrals must be made with the permission of the client
• The service is unable to accept referrals for clients who are in acute mental health phase or who are unable to engage in the counselling process.
• Referrals may be made personally by telephone or through a Healthcare Professional using a DCCS referral form
Dove Cottage, 4 Noak Hill Road, Billericay, Essex, CM12 9UG
Tel: 01277 658057, Fax: 01277 623915
St. Luke’s Hospice, Fobbing Farm, Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NJ.
Tel: 01268 524973. Fax: 01268 282483
Dove Community Counselling Service is a service which forms part of the Family Support Services which St Luke’s Hospice offer. Other services within this is Lukes Counselling and Support for Children & Young People (Lukes) and the Social Work Service. If you wish to contact the Family Support Services Lead, please Telephone 01375 648185
Social Work Service
Lukes Counselling Service for Children and Young People
Information Resource Service (based at St Luke's House, Corringham)
Youth Service (based at St Luke's House, Corringham)