Education and Professional Development Services
“The course opened up a whole new understanding and meaning, very well presented and professional.”
“The tutor has given staff confidence in their practice and raised their self esteem. Thank you very much.”
“A very enjoyable day, I will take away what I have learned and will use in the future.”.
We have over 20 years of experience in caring for patients and families with palliative care needs. Our Education Team facilitate evidence based palliative care training to the multi professional team working in either palliative/end of life care or generic settings. We provide learning opportunities that will enhance and improve end of life care for patients across the community.
Our aim is to deliver specialist education that will make a difference to the lives of patients and carers, wherever they are cared for.
Two types of training are available:
- Study days provided at St. Luke’s by specialist staff who are expert in their field
- Bespoke palliative/end of life care training at your place of work or your venue, including:-
- Communication with Dying Patients and their Families
- Pain and Symptom Management
- Loss & Bereavement
- Childhood Bereavement
- Principles of Palliative Care
- End of Life Care Tools – e.g. GSF, PPC, ICP
- Complementary Therapies in Palliative Care
- Lymphoedema Management
- Update/Use of Syringe Driver
- And other bespoke sessions that can meet your specific training needs
For more information about developing a tailor-made education package for your staff contact the Quality & Education Manager – 01268 524973 Extn: 211 or e-mail: Shirley@stlukesHospice.co.uk
Education facilities at St. Luke’s Hospice include:
- Fully equipped training room with seating for up to 35 delegates
- Technology for PowerPoint presentations, DVD & Video
- Disabled access
- Free car parking
- Easy access via A13 or A127
There are also smaller meeting/training rooms available for hire at St. Luke’s House – the Information & Support Centre for St. Luke’s Hospice. Catering is also available at this venue.
For enquires, bookings or our 6 month education programme please contact –
Quality & Education Secretary on 01268 524973 – Extn: 236 or
Secretary to Head of Care Services on 01268 524973 – Extn: 215.
Education Program for 2017
Download Events & Facilities leaflet
Download Quality and Education Service leaflet