St. Luke’s Hospice at Home (H@H) offers a range of support to enable patients and their families to be cared for at home to avoid unwanted admission if it is their choice.
H@H is a partnership between St. Luke’s Hospice and SPDNS Nurse Care – a Community Interest Company. H@H operates in the Billericay, Wickford, Basildon and Thurrock areas.
Two thirds of H@H patients never visit St. Luke’s Hospice but are able to experience the ethos of the Hospice in their own homes through H@H.
H@H aims to work collaboratively with the patient and family and with any service involved in their care.
What does H@H offer:
- 24 hour direct phone contact to a Nurse Co-ordinator who has a specialist qualification in palliative care. This nurse can advise and visit if necessary
- Assessment of need by a Nurse Co-ordinator to meet the family and plan H@H input as needed
- Planned day respite by either a Registered nurse or Nursing auxiliary in the home to allow a carer a much needed break. The nurse can give quality nursing care and attention to the patient. Great relationships are built during these visits, and concerns are picked up early.
- A weekly phone call to enquire on condition and offer support to both patient and family as needed
- Night support, working in liaison with Marie Curie Cancer Care, Nurses stay awake throughout the night to care for the patient so a carer www.mindanews.com/buy-neurontin/ gets a good nights sleep. The nurse also provides a valuable source of advice and reassurance.
- Crisis support as needed, to prevent an unwanted admission
- Volunteer befrienders to the lonely and socially isolated who offer the non-nursing support a good friend would give
Social Care Team
H@H currently offer a social care service which can be commissioned for service users who need social care and have a life limiting and life threatening diagnosis whose condition is changing rapidly and are not expected to live more than 3 months. The majority of these care packages are commissioned through continuing health funding .
The aim of the Social Care team is to support choice and care at home at the end of life. Families receiving this care also receive the full Hospice at Home service as detailed above.
St. Luke’s Hospice at Home – 01268 273226 – for any of the above services.
Or out of office hours on 07739 890140. (24 hour on call number)
Hospice at Home Fax: 01268 530552
(please do not use this e mail address if your communication is urgent: for urgent response please use telephone numbers above)
Hospice at Home are always happy to talk to people who want to join our motivated care team. Visit Careers section on this site for vacancies