Lukes' Counselling and Support for Children & Young People (Lukes’) provides support to children and young people up to 19 years who have a life limiting illness or a family member/friend with a life limiting illness. Lukes' also provides support to children and young people who are experiencing a bereavement.
Lukes' believe in an honest and open approach to support and enable children & young people to share their anxieties and feelings in a trusting and safe environment. By acknowledging the impact of a life challenging illness, or bereavement, children and young people have an opportunity to express their feelings in a supportive environment. Lukes' provides an opportunity through 1-1 with a Counsellor, Family Support Worker or Youth Worker and/or group work for children and young people to ‘tell their story’ and meet others, thereby reducing the sense of isolation that can be experienced during a challenging time.
This service, based at St Luke’s House in Corringham, is available for any children and young people aged between 0-19 years within South West Essex.
- 1-1 Counselling
- Family Support Work
- Youth Work – which includes drop-in sessions within some schools
- Group work –– which include anxiety groups, time-out groups, holding groups and a drop-in group. Times and frequency for all groups vary, please contact the service for further details.
- Telephone guidance and support
- Sessions can take place at our Corringham office and/or at schools. If the need requires, sessions (excluding counselling work) can take place at the person’s home.
- Pre-bereavement support and help
- Bereavement support visits
- Training with schools and other professionals to provide help and advice. Times and frequency of training can vary, please contact the service for further details.
- Referrals must be made with the permission of the client/parent/main carer
- Parental consent is required for clients under the age of 16 years
- Please see Lukes’ leaflet for more referral information including a Referral Form
Telephone 01375 648175
Fax 01375 648177
The office is staffed Monday to Friday. Answer phone messages can be left when office is unattended.
Lukes is a service which forms part of the Family Support Services which St Luke’s Hospice offer. Other services within this are the Dove Community Counselling Service (DCCS) (adult counselling service) and the Social Work Service. If you wish to contact the Family Support Services Lead, please Telephone 01375 648185