‘Make a Will Fortnight’ is our annual Will writing initiative which will be held during September 2017.
A number of local solicitors are kindly giving their time and expertise to write a standard Will or update an existing Will in exchange for a donation given to St. Luke’s Hospice.
The minimum suggested donation is £100 for a standard single Will, £175 for a pair of standard mirror Wills and £50 for a codicil to an existing Will.
There are a limited amount of appointments available for each solicitor so we suggest booking in advance.
How to take part:
1. Contact Legacy and In Memory Coordinator Ed Pearce to find the solicitors that are taking part in your area.
2. We will send you a ‘Make a Will Fortnight’ pack which includes details of all participating solicitors in your area and a Simple Will Planner.
3. Call your chosen solicitor to make an initial appointment during September 2017. Mention ‘St. Luke’s Hospice Make a Will Fortnight’ when you speak to them. Your appointment may or may not be during the fortnight depending on the solicitor’s schedule.
4. At your meeting, your chosen solicitor will give you advice based on your personal circumstances and will tell you if this can be written as a standard Will. If you agree to go ahead, instead of paying the solicitors fee, you will be asked to give a donation to St. Luke’s Hospice.
5. The minimum suggested donation is £100 for a basic single Will, £175 for a pair of basic mirror Wills and £50 for a codicil to an existing Will. If your Will is not standard and requires specialist advice which cannot be included under this scheme, the solicitor will advise you and agree a separate fee before going ahead.
To find your local solicitor please contact Legacy and In Memory Coordinator, Ed Pearce on 01268 524973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org