Much has changed since St. Luke’s opened and the Hospice has adapted, increased and improved services.
We are steadfast in ensuring that our primary focus is making sure the very best is offered to people in our community especially those with life limiting illness. This not only means ensuring our high standards of care are maintained, but it also means looking at how we can best develop our services to meet the changing needs of our patients, their families and carers as well as our wider community within a sustainable affordable plan that meets a growing population and enable care to be extended via the provision of specialist clinics.
We have an exciting vision of our future that builds and strengthens the relationship between us and the community via actions that promote good governance and management.
• We will continue to expand service developments that allow us to be more flexible in the delivery of care to a much wider range of clients.
• We will continue to work in collaboration with both NHS colleagues and other specialist providers.
• We will continue to engage with our community improving our communication and information streams allowing people to make timely informed choices about available care.
• We are working towards various options to extend and expand our Hospice both in the Basildon and Thurrock Local Authority areas.
• Exciting initiatives within the trading company will see new trading outlets open and our other income generating areas are being developed to maximise income.
Our future will be an exciting journey of challenges as we continue to improve the services we provide, keeping St Luke's at the forefront of palliative care.