Social Work Service (SWS)
"I felt I had a shoulder to cry on as well as practical support and that I was not on my own"
This service offers holistic social, emotional and practical support for Individuals, carers and their families.
The team works closely with the Inpatient Unit, Day Hospice and Hospice at Home services to ensure admissions and discharges are well planned and supportive of patients and carers in their choices about types of care and place of care. The team also work with Individuals in the community to ensure continuity of care is provided.
Support can include:
- Support with onward care needs, which may include discharge home and arranging a suitable package of care
- Decision making about alternative care settings and where care is delivered
- Support your care and treatment options about where you are cared for throughout your life journey
- Family support, advice and Mediation/Advocacy
- Signposting for finance and benefits advice
- Referrals/Liaison with other agencies
- Support with Housing issues
- Carer’s assessments and support
There is a Social Work Drop-in Clinic held at St Luke’s House – Lampitts Hill, Corringham 11am – 1.00pm every Friday. Alternatively if unable to attend the Clinic home visits can be undertaken to discuss your needs.
The service provides support for any person associated with Hospice services and will also act as an expert resource for health and social care professionals externally, taking on a small percentage of community work from other specialist palliative care providers as well as support for the specialist palliative care, multi professional team at Basildon Hospital.
Dove Community Counselling Service
Lukes Counselling Service for Children and Young People
Information Resource Service
St. Luke's Hospice - 01268 524973 - Social Work Service